Ed suggested in a Metafilter thread that we come up with a blogging vow of chastity similar to the one Dogme film-makers did in 1995. Here’s my stab at a first draft of this:
Declaration of bloggerdom
- We are bloggers.
- We are individuals.
- We are not for sale
- We are not a target market.
- We link to sites because we find them interesting, not because we think we’ll get free goods or money out of our links.
- If we have a relationship with a product/company/service/person we link to, we will disclose it in the same post.
- We believe in contributing.
- We believe in truth.
- Our writing is our own. Our words are our own.
- Like them or not, our opinions are our own, too.
It’s a start. But does it need more?